Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Avoiding "Woe Is Me"

Last night I had my first bout with feelings of "woe is me." I had been looking at some other blogs/message boards and started getting worried from some of the tales I was reading about people's experiences with TKR. I definitely had to snap myself out of it. The following thoughts helped:
1) My age should work in my favor in terms of recovery.
2) People don't rush to the internet to post stories of how easy and painless their surgery and recovery was.
3) I have heard from many people about successful, smooth TKR surgeries that their friends and family have had.
4) I can't get much worse off than I am right now in terms of my bum knee. I can only go upward.
5) Surgery and recovery might be tough, but it will be worth it in the end.

So I'm back in a more positive place today. Have three more days left of school before the surgery on Friday. Hoping I can stay positive until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment